Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Facebook obsession

Generally I talk a lot but somehow prefer face to face chats. Being internet addict as I am I got quite domestic with Skype, Messenger and communities like MySpace. But eventually you have to draw a line somewhere. New communities are spreading around the web faster than STDs and it's almost impossible to keep track of them all.

Occasionally I would get an invitation from my friends to join some "blah" community they are using. At the beginning I joined a couple but never really used them. However they never stopped informing me how big my network is and how many friends I've got. How did they know I was desperate for more spam? Eventually I decided not to join any more communities, communicators or whatever new stuff they come up with. Like ever. It's kinda nice people want me to be on line more often but I really don't think it's possible. Unless I plug a cable into my veins.

Anyhow, in past two weeks I got several invitations to join Facebook. What's the story with Facebook anyway? Seems lately people are somehow getting obsessed with it. Even if I try I can't find any good reasons to make me wanna open an account. Just to make sure I'll meet my friends mostly online while I'm working from home and waiting for my pizza to be delivered? Don't think so.

I like my daily off line time and I need my chatty little meetings for coffee, gossip or just to say hello. I refuse to become a face in some on line community. I like my friends face to face. As often as I can.

More about Facebook obsession

1 comment: