Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Lust

Rarely I have unexplainable desire for some food or drinks: it's just a moment when a picture pops up in your head: I need want to have some Cockta. For all of you who don't know what the hell am I talking about - Cockta is famous Slovenian soft drink - similar to Coca Cola only much better. It's quite delicious drink based on herbs with less bubbles and no caffeine.

photo source

In Yugoslavia it was advertised as "the drink of our and your youth" and had a nice logo with lady on it - the whole image of the drink was kind of Andy Warhole like, very pop-ish with fine taste of kitsch. Then they stole the lady image from us, leaving only the name and the drink. Foreign people usually don't like it so much because they expect Coca Cola (which is in my opinion only good for cleaning toilets and Mentos experiments). But obviously it intrigues some enough to write a post about it.

The reason why I am telling you all of this is that I couldn't buy one as the stores were already closed. Instead I had some tea and lots of chocolate which of course didn't help at all. I still want one. There is only one Cockta and nothing else can substitute it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kolk si bla plačana za ta prelep oglas ;)

Karmen said...

haha - i only wish - ko bi mi vsaj plačali recimo v letni zalogi Cockte.

Seriously - I'm a big addict.

Truefaith1963 said...

COCKta???
This sounds like a Black Betty joke to me. Is it real??

Karmen said...

yes it's for real - and no, it's not some kind of gay drink ;)

Maruša Bertoncelj said...

Oh for god's sake, Cherry, why didn't you just go for the one I have in our fridge?? If you haven't noticed - it's been there for a couple of months now ... :)
Next time just ask!

Btw, I borrowed some of your garlic today ... ;)

Karmen said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Marusa, you're killing me!

Karmen said...

not because of garlic of course ;)

but I will buy some Cockta to have on hold from now on

Maruša Bertoncelj said...

Oh yes, it is a must!

Some people might not understand but ... Once you get the cockta crave ...
Argh, it's got to be!

(worse than the crave for beer, I'm afraid!)

;)

Truefaith1963 said...

The cockta crave??
I don't get it - When you visit Ireland Cherry you will have to bring some cockta!!

Anonymous said...

ah, yes, Cockta. what happens if you throw a Mentos into Cockta? anybody tried? :)

Karmen said...

truefaith - i most certainly will

samojst - Cockta rejects Mentos because they're not cool enough ;)d

Anonymous said...

Osebno ne pijem oz. ne maram mehurčkov...sploh. Ampak če se mi že zalušta (kar se mi enkrat, dvakrat na leto-recimo), je to potem Cockta. Takrat pa res PAŠŠEEEEEE :P