Thursday, January 10, 2008

Amazing blond

I used to thing that celebrity crushes is one of those unexplainable silly things you do in your teens. You know, like having pet insects, listening to Milli Vanilli and wearing that bizarre 80's fashion. Well, thing again.

I still remember when my roommate brought home a special edition of Statues, with all the videos. I know what they say about blonds and all but nothing really gave me that WOW effect (nope, not even Madonna). Until Róisín Murphy, a former singer of Moloko. We were both dazed and amazed by her voice, moves and beats, drooling all over the flat. I couldn't take my eyes of the computer and watching that DVD became our daily ritual.

My huge crush on her resulted in buying off almost everything about the group I could get my hands on. At that time those were considered to be my most valuable possessions. I was quite disappointed too for public to admire only "Sing it Back" and "The time is now" when they had so much more to offer.

I'm almost ashamed to say I missed their concert in Zagreb due to my work. It was one of those: " I'll definitely go to the next one" things. Did the same with Nirvana concert and I guess you don't have to be psychic to know what happened afterwards. So this is for the old times sake - Moloko in all their glory:

Forever more


Flipside


Familiar feeling

3 comments:

Truefaith1963 said...

I liked Moloko - I don't remember what they looked like - thanks for posting the videos.

Truefaith1963 said...

Hej she is a bit sassy!!
She must be Irish if shes called Róisín Murphy - that would explain it!!

Karmen said...

To be honest - I don't remember how they looked liked either, only remember her :)

yp, she's Irish