Friday, September 28, 2007

Music for rainy days

It's a slow rainy Friday, the lazy one when you want to get under your blanket with a cup of tea (possibly with rum) and watch your favorite film/series until you fall asleep. Of course there's special kind of music that fits the relaxed rainy atmosphere or should I say it doesn't interrupt your doing of nothing.

There are several artists I listen to this occasions, but Telefon tel Aviv is without doubt the winner in the situation. Easy electronic "flow-through" music of American music group artists is just perfect for chillout and dance. The group was formed in 1999 in Chicago and relocated in 2001 in New Orleans. Charles Cooper and Joshua Eustis are the heart of Telefon tel Aviv and have by now produced three albums: Fahrenheit Fair Enough (2001), Map of What Is Effortless (2004) and Remixes Compiled (2007).

Unfortunately I couldn't find any decent videos on their official website. However you can listen to their tracks on the website. I wanted to dig out my favorite one "When it happens don't hesitate" which reminds me on David Lynch movies. Somehow Youtube only provided me with some low quality concert recordings so here's the best I got.

3 comments:

Karmen said...

Thank you Ropheka :)

Pina said...

Dbest muzika, čeprav se težko potopim v rainy mood, ker imamo 30 stopinj in sonce (lalalala) :)

Karmen said...

Biač!

Sicer je danes sonce tudi pri nas, le stopinje so za 30% hitrejše, ko hitimo proti svojim ogrevanim sobanam :P