Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sissy for Sigur Ros

I know a lot of people goes totally ballistic for Sigur Ros and some of my friends said they would: "Pay serious money to hear this shit live." Now I really like most of the music (turbofolk not included) but somehow I am not particulary excited about this instrumental kinda moaning.

I find it a bit too slow, too mellow, too soft and well... boring. I might like it though under certain circumstances (taking soft drugs or trying to reach the alpha state). There is none of my favorite music elements: loud guitars, drums and and lots of bass. I am a succer for rock, I know... Nevertheless it sounds like perfect background music for meditation.

And no matter what official definitions say: Sigur Ros is nothing like Björk!!!

Unfortunately.

No comments: