Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dear Santa...

Recent Obama's Nobel prize got me thinking nothing is impossible. So I'm changing my strategy. Forget eteric experience and miracles on the 34th street. We are in financial crisis for f***k's sake and this is no time for modesty!

So dear Santa, please remember, whatever you decide to bring, think big. By buying lots of gifts you will help our underfed economy and, more importantly, me. Since the luggage limitation or border control doesn't seem to be a problem for you, just bring me as much as you can of:
  1. Natureta sauerkraut - because it's sauer enough to make jota. I know you'd imagine I can also get good sauerkraut in Berlin, but not really. 
  2. Natureta spread with red pepper - in case you're wondering if I'm a fan of this brand, you're right. So while you're at it toss in some gherkins, red beet and ajvar. Even though I could get decent substitutions for the latter three, I'd rather have the good stuff.
  3. Lemon flavoured Cedevita - cause there is nothing like instant quasi vitamins early in the morning. Yum!
  4. Zdenka sir - First of all, I can't believe it doesn't have a website. Tradition with a taste of irony. I still want it though. Now I know there's been some fuss about different sizes in Slovenia and Croatia, but I'm not picky, so just bring both. 
  5. Cockta - I take it this one doesn't need much explaining. Think a looooot. Now double it.
I know it is the thought that counts, but unfortunately thoughts make a lousy breakfast.

yours unfaithfully

Cherry
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

alcessa said...

Would you allow me to rain on your parade a bit, if it's for health reasons?

Karmen said...

Ah, damn! At least I still have Cockta :)

mushu said...

i see you miss some of home made dishes up there in the north :)
hehehehe