Sunday, September 13, 2009

Where is home?

Moving to Berlin wasn't really that difficult (apart from all the physical exercise that was included). Probably because I wasn't completely aware of what I was actually doing. Of course thoughts like "Am I completely nuts?" did cross my mind from time to time but then quickly disappear to the "Don't panic!" area. Douglas Adams knew what he was talking about.

First days were kinda exciting and confusing at the same time. Mostly I was dealing with fundamental questions like: where is the post office, where can I get decent caffeine fix and where am I anyway. While looking for answers I found extremely useful things like:
  • Soft drinks with gas are very popular,
  • if you make out words that sound german, people might even understand you,
  • organic wine is actually quite tasty.
I also found out that it IS a good idea to visit huge computer stores without a credit card. Especially if they have also Apple Store.

So right now I am still kinda adjusting, discovering the city and trying to practice my German. I'd say I covered the basic level by mastering shopping conversation (hello, how much, goodbye, yes, no) and random useful phrases like: Can I have some toilet paper?

What's next? I have no idea. Let's wait and see.

2 comments:

Maruša Bertoncelj said...

(for international reasons I'm switching to English now; pardon my Deutch):

Good to hear good things from you, emigrant gal :)! Well, I wouldn't use terms like "mad" or "out of your mind" but ... I will ;) But then again, craziness is like heaven, as Jimi Hendrix once pointed out (never mind his crazy ways while not playing guitar ...), and if it weren't for craziness not many of our dreams would eventually come true, now would they?

Pa še po domače:
še zmer lohk prideš nazaj, ampak - sodeč po vsem prebranem in videnem do zdej - ne boš ;) Uživej še za nas & poročaj!! :D

Lp z Vodovodne
P.s.: Pajmone pošljemo kmalu ;)

jaKa said...

organic wine is actually quite tasty?! go wash your mouth!