Sunday, August 9, 2009

Urban adrenalin sports

I used to think adrenalin sports are quite exciting. Bungee and parachute jumping were on my teenage "to do before I die" list. Now they are on the top of "to do if I want to die" list. Not because I wouldn't like adrenalin sports, but because I'm already doing too many as it is. Like walking through the city.

Being a complete bookworm, I own lots of books. So many that I still didn't manage to read even half of them. Naturally that doesn't stop me from buying new ones. So every time I see a bookstore, I have a two level adrenaline experience: passing and entering.

Entering usually includes complex dilemmas such as: do I really need it, can I afford it, should I wait for few more days... Most of the times they are solved by a swing of my credit card. There's probably no need to describe the "excitement" when the money is actually taken from my account. What goes for books, goes also for movies and CDs, except I actually get to see and listen to most of them.

My other daily intake of adrenaline is provided by biking through the city. It's quite amazing how it resembles the ride on a train of death in the amusement parks:
  • disorientated pedestrians, randomly apprearing from nowhere,
  • overwhelmed supermans on bikes, rollerblades and motorcycles, imitating the speed of light,
  • drivers paying more attention to their phones and make up than to the road,
  • cars, parked on the cycling tracks with drivers opening the doors only a second before the biker appears,
  • people, throwing stuff outta windows.
Need I say more?

So I don't really need to do any extra adrenalin sports, because living in a capital provides me with all the adrenalin I'll ever need.

1 comment:

Petra said...

Aha. No, lepo je vedeti, da obstajajo povsod šoferski šupki, ki NE upoštevajo kolesarjev in mislijo, da povsod kjer je asfalt, da jevse namenjeno njim. Grrr!! No, če jih pa ni, moraš pa sam poskrbet, da je vznemirljivo. (Npr. na asfaltu zapeljat na pesek, (preveč) zabremzat na prvo zavoro in super-adrenalisnko zletet čez balanco z glavo naprej. *roll eyes*)